Dictionary on Chromebook : Dictionary is an online dictionary platform which consists of a large number of words in different languages and includes information on definitions, phonetics, pronunciation, translations etc.
Dictionary App was first launched in iOS Apple store and now is available for android users too. The content is based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Collins English Dictionary,American Heritage Dictionary and lots more. It is considered as world leading platform by people to improve their use of English language with its free digital services.The comparable online platforms include Urban Dictionary,Word net, Double-Tongued Dictionary, Wiktionary etc.
Features of Dictionary:
- Translation Service
- Word of the day
- Crossword Solver
- Wealth Of Editorial content
- Save Favorite words option
- Search for words offline
- Audio Pronunciation
- Local lookup
- Voice Search
- Word origin
- Search History option
- Spelling Suggestion
More software for Chromebook: ArtRage on Chromebook
How to Download Dictionary for Chromebook
Installing Dictionary using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Dictionary “and install the app on your Chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Dictionary” app and install it on your device.
Installing Dictionary using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Dictionary” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Dictionary” and install it.
Install Dictionary using Rollapp
- If the “Dictionary” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Dictionary” and use the application online.