Chromium on Chromebook:Chromium is a very popular web browser simply as like the Google Chrome. This has been developed by the Chromium Project Developers and first released in the year 2008. This is an open source application and it also draws its source codes where Google Chrome is integrated with. Besides the same basic attributes, Chromium also stands for some different types of features. It has a great user interface and fast processing power which simply enhance your browsing experience. Chromium is compatible with a maximum of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and BSD and also with android and OS X 10.9, but the update on Mac is still not received. This is not a very lightweight browser, but it has a great feedback for its quality orientation.
- Auto updates system.
- This is integrated with the AFP PPAPI player which avail you to play a maximum of the online videos on the internet.
- RLZ Tracking available.
- This supports PDFs, as it is integrated with the inbuilt PDF viewer.
- This supports media codec like H.264, MP3 formats, AAC and etc.
- Fastest and smooth browsing with high time privacy.
- Fewer chances of hacking and etc.
More software for Chromebook: Filelight on Chromebook
How to Download Chromium for Chromebook
Installing Chromium using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Chromium“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Chromium” app and install it on your device.
Installing Chromium using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Chromium” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Chromium” and install it.
Install Chromium using Rollapp
- If the “Chromium” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Chromium” and use the application online.