Celestia on Chromebook: Celestia is a 3D astronomy program. The program is based on the Hipparcos Catalogue (HIP) and allows users to travel through an extensive universe, modeled after reality, at any speed, in any direction, and at any time in history. Celestia displays and interacts with objects ranging in scale from small spacecraft to entire galaxies in three dimensions using OpenGL, from perspectives which would not be possible from a classic planetarium or other ground-based display.
NASA and ESA have used Celestia in their educational and outreach programs, as well as for interfacing to trajectory analysis software.
Features of Celestia
- Planet shine
- Globular clusters
- New sky grids
- Selection cursor
- Triaxial ellipsode
- Orbit colour
- Dwarf planets
- New reference marks
- Updated Cassini mission
- Updated ISS model
More software for Chromebook: CompendiumNG on Chromebook
How to Download Celestia for Chromebook
Installing Celestia using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Celestia“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Celestia” app and install it on your device.
Installing Celestia using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Celestia” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Celestia” and install it.
Install Celestia using Rollapp
- If the “Celestia” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Celestia” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.