7-Zip on Chromebook : 7-Zip is an open source application used for compressing files. It is written in C++ and runs on all Windows, Linux and Mac devices. 7-Zip File Archive is developed by Igor Pavlov and can be used from a command-line interface or as a graphical user interface. The default file extension of the archive will be .7z and each archive will have multiple files and directories.
Features of 7-Zip
- Supports a number of archive file formats including APM, ZIP, RAR, Gzip, JAR, FLV, ISO, CHM, DEB, LZMA, NTFS, HFS, WIM and FAT
- Comes with a file manager and a set of standard tools for file archiving
- Helps to create an archive, extract an archive and test archive for detection of errors
- It also helps to copy, move and delete files found in archives
- Archives can be encrypted
- Helps in backup of files
More software for Chromebook: LibreOffice for Chromebook
How to Download 7-Zip for Chromebook
Installing 7-Zip using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “7-Zip “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “7-Zip” app and install it on your device.
Installing 7-Zip using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “7-Zip” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “7-Zip” and install it.
Install 7-Zip using Rollapp
- If the “7-Zip” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “7-Zip” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.